Video of a smoking iPhone 7 is going viral on Twitter and it is really freaking everyone out.
Brianna Olivas, a twitter user, tweeted a video on 23rd February – which clearly shows an exploded iPhone 7 and smoke coming out of it. “So my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning. Was not even using it, literally no explanation for this” – she tweeted.
So my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning 🤗 was not even using it, literally no explanation for this pic.twitter.com/sQ8CJt4Y69
— Bree✨ (@briannaolivas_) February 23, 2017
While talking to Mashable, Brianna Olivas said, that a couple of days ago she was having trouble to turn her iPhone on, which she bought from Sprint in January. She took it to the Apple Store where the staff ran some tests on iPhone and it started working normally again.
But that lasted for less than a day as the iPhone started to heat up and smoke was coming out of it on the dresser. She was not even using the phone at that time. After her boyfriend quickly grabbed the phone and threw it in the restroom, it exploded.
The video might bring the famous Galaxy Note 7 battery explosions to the mind, which company had to recall from markets after several incidents. But there is no evidence what Olivas experienced is tied to a wider problem.
Olivas turned the phone over to Apple. Reps have told her they are conducting tests and expect to know more within a week. For its part, an Apple spokesperson says the company is aware of the video. “We are in touch with the customer and looking into it.”