The Blue Whale Game. Many of you have probably heard the name or read about it somewhere. The horrifyingly dangerous game has been linked to 130 teen deaths in Russia alone. A 17-year old Indian girl attempted to kill herself, twice, after she was tricked into believing her mother would die, while the police in UK have started warning parents about the challenge.
So what’s this Blue Whale suicide game? If police speculations are to be believed, here is how a teen boy in India took his life after he came across this online game. After joining, the boy was given one challenge after the other. After he accomplished every task and reached level 50, he was asked to commit suicide. He clicked himself on top of a building and jumped to his death.
What is the Blue Whale Game?
The Blue Whale Challenge is far from a game and it goes by many names including ‘A Silent House,’ ‘A Sea Of Whales’ and ‘Wake Me Up At 4:20am.’ It is not publicly available as the administrators strictly control who can gain access to the game.
Teenagers are specifically on target of the game as they are vulnerable. Recent reports also suggest that the game admins identify their victims through online suicide groups and send them the link, which once opened on their phones, copies every single data from their devices to the administrator’s, which is later used to blackmail users in to committing suicide and completing horrible tasks.
Complete list of Blue Whale Challenges
A Reddittor posted a complete list of tasks which were supposedly posted in a comment on a story about the game on a Russian news website. Below are the 50 sick challenges that has been translated from Russian to English. (Source: Higgypop)
1. Carve with a razor “f57” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
30-49. Everyday you wake up at 4:20am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they” send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale.”
50. Jump off a high building. Take your life.
Dailymail reports that the many deaths of children and teens from around the world have been linked with the suicide game, which include three young people in the United States, five in India and around a dozen in Brazil.
A Russian newspaper, Novaya Gazeta alleged that at-least 130 suicides of the children in the country between November 2015 and April 2016 were caused by the Blue Whale Game and almost all of the victims were ‘members of one group or other on the internet’.