Google has issued a warning that older versions of some of its apps will stop working in a few months. Anyone running older versions of Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides will have to upgrade to newer versions in order to keep using the apps.
Use Apple AirPods with Android Devices
Google Drive and its fellow G Suite apps, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, are something that are integral part of millions of people’s life. They use these apps on a daily basis, whether at home or at work, and across various platforms, including Android and iOS.
Despite all this popularity, not all the people are using the latest versions of these apps. Either because of laziness or their phones doesn’t support the latest versions. Which wouldn’t be a problem, except that Google is now shutting down older versions.
Google Apps that will Stop Working
Below are the versions that will stop working for Android and iOS platforms.
- Google Drive for Android (prior to version 2.4.311)
- Google Docs for Android (prior to version 1.6.292)
- Google Sheets for Android (prior to version 1.6.292)
- Google Slides for Android (prior to version 1.6.292)
- Google Drive for iOS (prior to version 4.16)
- Google Docs for iOS (prior to version 1.2016.12204)
- Google Sheets for iOS (prior to version 1.2016.12208)
- Google Slides for iOS (prior to version 1.2016.12203)
WhatsApp also announced to end its support for older platforms last year. HERE are the platforms that won’t be able to use WhatsApp from June 30, 2017.
Google will begin notifying anyone running these soon-to-be-obsolete versions of the apps to upgrade from March 1, 2017.
If you own an older version of any smartphone that supports only above mentioned versions, then you have no choice but to upgrade to a newest model soon.