Brian Krzanich.

Few major processor security flaws went public last week and their potential impact can’t be understated. Both the hardware and software companies have been releasing quick fixes for the two reported exploits, Meltdown and Spectre.

Intel, which is the most affected company by the exploits, is committed to release patches for the “90 percent” of the processors made in the past five years by the end of this week. While speaking on stage at CES, Brian Krzanich, CEO of Intel promised the remaining 10 percent would also recieve fixes by the end of this month.

All the Mac and iOS devices are affected by Meltdown and Spectre

“We believe the performance impact of these updates is highly workload dependent,” Krzanich said, referring to claims that processors may be slowed by 30 percent as a result of the fixes. “We expect some may have a larger impact than others, so we’ll continue working with the industry to minimize the impact on those workloads over time.”

Click here to catch up on the latest from CES 2018.