What’s with Samsung and its devices catching fire? We have another case of Samsung phone exploding, but this time, it’s not Samsung at fault.

A video going viral on social media shows a man falling onto the ground trying to rip his shirt off after his phone exploded in his left shirt pocket. According to the Channel News Asia, the phone in question was a Samsung Grand Duos model, released in 2013.

The incident was caught on CCTV at Hotel Ciputra Semarang in Indonesia where the man works. He can be seen reaching for his phone when it suddenly bursts into bright blue flames. Victim named Yulianto suffered minor burns. Police says that the combustion may have been caused by the victim using Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth features concurrently.

South Korean phone maker is aware of the incident and had following to say to CNET in an email.

“From a thorough investigation, we have found that the battery used in the device was not manufactured by Samsung or a company authorised by Samsung.”

“We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”


Comments are closed.